The Most Thorough Cleaning Ever Or Its Free!!(205)664-5559
STEP 1: Make It A Priority
Parking Lot Sweeper
I gotta laugh every time I see a cleaning company dumping dirty waste water in their clients parking lot. This virtually insures more business by making sure you track it all back in. The cleaner you keep the immediate grounds, and parking decks, the less dirt you will be fighting inside your facility. Also be careful of chemicals such as pesticides, fertilizers and de-icing agents.
Walk Off Mats
These are great at collecting soil before it can be tracked throughout the building. Be sure that they allow for 4 good steps, the more the better. Many uniform companies offer to service floor mats and offer the most cost effective way to maintain these.
Walk Off Mats
Prevention and Protection
Look for areas that are at high risk for damage and accidents and put things in place to protect your investment. Things like chair mats, platic trays under plants, or skidders when sliding heavy furniture are all smart low cost ways to protect your flooring investment. Designated food and drink areas and keeping your hvac system filters changed are ways that you can prevent unnecessary soiling conditions.
Vacuuming is the most important dry soil managment procedure. Effective vacuuming removes dry soil so that it cannot spread to other carpeted areas. The level of effective vacuuming has two components: frequency and equipment type.
Commercial Vacuum Cleaner
Equipment Selection Considerations:
Cord length: Too short of a cord and you always have to stop and start. Too long of a cord will just get in your way. About 50 ft. is about right for most commercial facilities.
Path size: No smaller that 12" but no larger that 18". The larger the path the more ground that you can cover in a shorter period of time. Too large and it becomes hard to maneuver in and around corners and furnishings.
Noise level: 68 decibels or below means that you can work and not cause others to have to raise their normal speaking voice.
Durability: If it is something that is going to be used everyday, you will want something made from metal that will last. Cheap plastic vacuums are not made to withstand a large daily workload.
Weight: Who is going to be using it? Will they need to transport it up and down stairs? Consider how and where you will need it most and whether a backpack vacuum is a better choice.
Back Pack Style Vacuum
having your commercial carpet cleaned by a professional, the Certified
Pile Lifter is a step that cannot be skipped in the cleaning process.
This is a must have vacuum cleaner for any professional that takes the
care and maintenance of commercial glue-down goods seriously. This piece
of equipment is designed to lift even the tightest low pile carpet and
remove embedded soil particles.
STEP 3: Spot and Spill Removal
Spots and spills are inevitable. So its best to arm yourself with a good general spot remover. Many permanent stains can be avoided by someone with the right spot remover acting in a timely manner. Here are a few tips.
Never Scrub A Spot: Gently rub with a towel or massage with your fingers but if you feel the only way to get it out is to scrub it with a brush, then it is time to call a professional. Scrubbing can permanently distort the carpet pile.
Never mix chemicals: Besides the fact that this could be dangerous, at best two different chemicals may neutralize each other and cancel each other out. At worst they can permanently set a spot that would have other wise come out. In some cases 2 incompatible products will congeal and form a fatty like substance that is very difficult to remove.
Time is your friend: Most good general spot removers need a few minutes to work. So when you apply it, let it dwell for at least 5 minutes before you continue working on the affected area.
Rinse with clean water: Once a spot has been removed you must rinse the area. Even if you have used a low residue spot remover, it still pays off in spades to rinse that area out.
Blot Dry: After a spot has been removed and rinsed, blot up as much remaining moisture with a clean dry towel as possible. The drier you can leave it, the better your results will be.
STEP 4: Predetermined Professional Cleaning
Even the most effective vacuuming is capable of removing only the dry particulate soil which accounts for 79% of the soil that accumulates in carpeting. It is the other 21% that requires periodic cleaning. Today's carpet fibers are engineered with cleanability in mind. A professional certified carpet care professional will be able to design a maintenance plan tailored for your distinct environment. For most indoor environments, a certified firm will provide the best cleaning at a cost that is substantially lower than attempting to handle these cleanings in house. A certified professional will determine the correct frequency of these cleanings and the best methods to employ.